Wednesday, August 22, 2012

New Arrival Card: Inspired by #37, SSS172, and Focal Point


I always get so excited creating cards to celebrate new life! I can't wait to get the above card out in the mail!


The focal point of this card is the layered square scallop with the sentiment on it. Focal points do not always have to be in the middle. I set this one apart from the rest by using 3D foam tape to add dimension and create shadowing. I am entering this card in the Moxie Fab World Blog Challenge to show "Focal Point". You can play along too!


I LOVE this sentiment from the "New Arrival" Stamp Set from Close to my Heart. This sentiment was the reason I HAD to buy this stamp set. It just melts my heart and sums up what it feels like to be a new parent or grandparent.


The photo from the Inspired By #37 challenge was my inspiration for color and texture.


I used the design on this sketch to create my card by. I found it on The Sweet Step Sketch Challenge Blog. The spin on this sketch was to use die cuts or punches. I used square punches and a scallop square I cut on my cricut with the Art Philosophy cartridge from Close to my Heart.

Blog Challenge Entries:
The Moxie Fab World Blog Challenge: "Focal Point"
Inspired By: #37
The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge Blog: SSS172


The "New Arrival" stamp set from Close to my Heart
Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: "New Arrival" (CTMH)
  • Footloose and Cruisin' Paper (CTMH)
  • Yellow and Twilight Card Stock
  • White Card Base
  • Grey Wool bakers Twine (CTMH)
  • Lagoon Button (CTMH)
  • Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
  • Ribbon I saved from a gift at the card recipients baby shower (heheh)
Visit my website at www.heatherjane.ctmh.com


6 comments:

  1. Wow! Great card for so many challenges. Adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card, love that ribbon! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling baby card Heather. Sweet image, pretty colors... the ribbon looks lovely. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a Sweet Baby card! Love the Darling little elephant image and the Pretty colors and dp's! So glad you could join us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable baby card!! I love the papers you used and that is such a cute stamp set. Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Heather Jane! Thanks for linking this up to the Focal Point Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete